Web Programming Bootcamp
This session moves quickly and covers a lot of ground. No prior experience is necessary but strong reading, math, computer and typing skills are required. We use a combination of live instruction and on-line exercises in an interactive environment. Students keep their projects as live websites at the end of the course.
- Basic Internet systems architecture – IP networking, servers, databases, browsers
- Website building basics with HTML5
- CSS3 for consistent styling of web pages
- GitHub and Source Control
- Glitch free hosting for websites with Node.js server
- Advanced math functions and visualizations
If you are interested in getting a fast paced, fun introduction to being a software developer, this is the week for you. On Monday you will start with a blank screen. By Friday you will have a live interactive website built from scratch.
- Offered Monday August 14 to Friday August 18 for $395 including all materials
- Sessions held 9 am to 4 pm at our location on Dorset West Road
- Students will get outside during the day (weather permitting)
- Suitable for rising high school students, grades 9 – 12
- Younger students may apply if particularly good at programming or math already
- No prior programming experience necessary
- Email account required for Github and Glitch
- Ability to type 30 words per minute (test yourself here)
- Students provide their own computer (PC, Mac, Linux, or Chromebook)
- Students must complete application form below to be admitted
If you are interested in a fast-paced introduction to being a software developer, please submit your answers to the following questions.